First International Congress of Architects and Technicians of Historic Monuments
1. Necessity to establish international organizations for restoration on operational and advisory levels.
2. Proposed restoration projects must be subjected to knowledgeable criticism to prevent mistakes which will cause a loss of character and historical value to the structures.
3. Problems of preservation of historic sites must be solved by legislation at the national level for all countries.
4. Excavated sites which are not subject to immediate restoration should be reburied for protection.
5. Modern techniques and materials must be used in restoration work.
6. Historical sites are to be given strict custodial protection.
7. Attention should be given to the protection of areas surrounding historic sites.